Everything but the Kitchen Sink Hash...
Pre-prep your veggies and meat over the weekend when you have more time. During your hectic week, simply combine with eggs for a quick wholesome breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Last night my daughter and I headed home from her track practice and my Ironman training run. Of course we were tired and ready to refuel as soon as we walked in the door. It was late, so I preferred something quick that didn't require a lot of clean up.
Fortunately, I had pre-prepped roasted peppers and sweet potatoes earlier in the week. Also, my husband had made turkey burger with a yummy spicy taco seasoning that was waiting for us on the stove. We are huge fans of chorizo but sometimes the grease is a bit much for me and my stomach. This seasoned turkey burger offers a great substitution for a little kick and texture.
*I recommend cooking up extra of everything and portioning it out when combining it for a meal. This will give you on-the-go meals for the week.
- Eggs (for the meal 2 egg white and 1 whole egg)
- 2 Red, 2 yellow, 2 orange, and 2 green peppers
- 3 Sweet potatoes
- Ground turkey burger
- Taco Seasoning
- *I prefer roasting my veggies in an iron skillet, if you have one, for the best flavor.
- Wash, scrub and dry your potatoes.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and then cut those halves into 5-6 strips.
- To make them really crispy cut those strips into pretty small chunks.
- Add 1 TB of oil to coat.
- Add coated sweet potatoes to your iron skillet.
- Fry over the stovetop for a few minutes until slightly brown
- Place in the oven at 450 degrees for Aprox. 20-25 mins. or until cooked through.
- Repeat this same process for peppers.
- Scramble and cook your eggs
- Add in 1/2 cup of potato, 1 cup of peppers, 1/4 c of turkey burger